May 9th 2009 - v1.84 Released
# Auto Pinout Finding features added for ET-BoX PLUS
# Quick Pinout Finding for MTK & Infenion CPU
Mirror: [Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...]
ET-BoX Plus Auto Pinout Finder User Manual
Connecting the ET-BoX Plus and the Phone:
1. Connect the ET-BoX Plus to PC USB Port
2. Connect Main Cable to the "24-Pin Intelligent connector" from the side where power leads are coming out.
3. Connect the Power leads to the phone battery connector & the Phone cable to the phone connector.
1. Open ET-BoX Software, select the ET-BoX Plus COM Port & then press "Connect Port".
2. Go to the "Chinese MTK" Module and press "MTK Quick Pin-Find"
3. If everything is OK, then ET-BoX Plus will make a Beep-Beep Sound and the Information window will show you the details of your box.
4. Now press & hold the power button on the phone and then press "OK" on the Information Screen.
5. ET-BoX Plus will make a beep sound that means it is now working to find the pinouts for the connected phone. It should normally search pinouts for MTK CPU phones in less than 4-6 Seconds, but can take upto 30-40 Seconds.
6. As soon as pinouts are found, ET-BoX Plus will make another beep sound. Release the power button of the phone.
The Pinouts of the phone have been found and defined to the box. ET-BoX Software is now ready to Connect to the phone.
Q. Software is not able to find the ET-BoX Plus hardware & shows this error:
Seeking ET-BoX Plus hardware ...
Can't find ET-BoX Plus hardware
A 1. Maybe you are not using The New ET-BoX Plus Hardware. Pinout Finding only works with the New ET-BoX Plus.
A 2. If you are using ET-BoX Plus and still you are getting this error, then it can be because of selecting wrong COM port number. Check which com port is the ET-BoX Plus connected and then try again to connect.
Q. ET-BoX Plus is not able to find the pinouts of the phone & shows this error:
Can't define pinout
A 1. 1st reason can be bad connection or maybe not holding the power button during the whole pin-finding process.
A 2. Still if everything has been connected ok, then it is posible that the phone you are tying to connect does not have a MTK CPU inside. In this case please try procedure for Infenion Pin-Find.